10 Great Things You Can Do With Stipple
It is well known that Stipple is a perfect tool to make items in photographs “shoppable”. With a simple mouse over, viewers can easily shop for goods and services they discover in images. However, Stipple can be a great tool for a hundred of other things.
Here is a quick top ten list:
1) Invitations : Tired of licking stamps, emailing invites with a boring link or group tweeting your friends. Use a great image, an animated gif, Stipple and you’re done:
Photo by Pinreader
2) Create a following for your store/business : You love that your clients come and shop your brick and mortar store. But you want also to keep track of them and make sure they come back. With a great image of your place, a stipple dot and Foursquare, you can do it in seconds.
Photo by Ela2007
3) Sell prints : People love your images ? Why not give them an opportunity to purchase them. But instead of making it a long and difficult process, just put a Stipple dot right on the image so they can easily and quickly get a print.
Photo by labokoff
4) Release a song or video. Just finished recording the latest hit and want everyone to know about it ? Just add a Stipple dot to your images and it’s done. The dot can contain your song, or your latest video.
Photo by Matthew Harrison
5) Get more followers on Twitter or Facebook: You have informed everyone you know that you have a Facebook/Twitter account and most have obliged by adding you. But how do you increase your followers/friends without having to beg ? Simple. Just add a Twitter/Facebook dot to your images and not only will they be able to read your latest updates, they will also be able to easily add you to their list.
Photo by Eva Rinaldi
illustration by Donkey Hotey
Photo by Euclid VanDerKroew
Photo by Cayusa
As you can see, there are thousands of other creative ways to engage your viewers by using Stipple. What will be yours ?
- This post was written by Paul Melcher, Stipple’s VP of Image Licensing